Feed Your Faith
You could spend hours reading, researching, designing, crafting, creating, reinventing and test driving the most-awesome-sessions-ever-on-the-planet, but in the end, the heart and soul of your ministry with teens goes back to Job #1: Know Him. You can’t give what you don’t have, so feed your soul! A solid, steady diet of prayer, reading, faith sharing, or journaling will help you continually strengthen your own connection with Jesus in the ULC.
I’m a big reader, a pray-er-while-running, and love my quiet morning prayer time. You aren’t likely to join me for a run, or on the couch at 5:30 a.m., so how about a good book?
Here’s a variety of personal favorite good reads. It’ a broad net. Let me know if you find something you like!
- A Purpose Driven Life Rick Warren
- Changed Heart, Changed World: The Transforming Freedom of Friendship With God William A. Barry S.J.
- Consoling the Heart of Jesus Michael E. Gaitley, MIC
- Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus Sherry A. Weddell
- God: The Oldest Question William J. O’Malley S.J.
- Guests of God Monika Hellwig
- How Big Is Your God? Paul Coutinho, SJ
- How Good Do We Have to Be Harold S. Kushner
- Inner Compass Margaret Silf
- Interior Mansions Saint Teresa of Avila
Introduction to the Devout Life Saint Francis of Sales
- Jesus: A Pilgrimage James Martin, S.J.
- Meditations with Meister Eckhart Matthew Fox
- New Seeds of Contemplation Thomas Merton
- Original Blessing Matthew Fox
- Rebuilt: Awakening the Faithful, Reaching the Lost, and Making Church Matter Fr. Michael White and Tom Cocoran
- Rediscovering Catholicism Matthew Kelly
- The Jesuit Guide To Almost Everything James Martin, S.J.
- The Last Lecture Randy Pausch
- The Problem of Pain C.S. Lewis
- The Road Less Traveled Scott Peck
- The Sacrament of the Present Moment Jean Pierre de Caussade
- The Seven Story Mountain Thomas Merton
- The Story of a Soul Saint Therese of Lisieux
- There Is A Season Joan Chittister and August Swanson
- Things Hidden: Scripture as Spirituality Richard Rohr
- Truly Our Sister: A Theology of Mary in the Communion of Saints Elizabeth A. Johnson
- What Makes Us Catholic? Thomas Groome
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People Harold S. Kushner
- Wherever You Go, There You Are John Kabat-Zinn
What should I read? I’m always looking for another good read.
Leave a comment and share a suggested title or two…