Mind Their Gender!
The guys and gals in your room will learn differently not only because of their brain wiring, but due to gender differences. Part nature, part nurture, the resulting learning diversity in our groups needs to be respected if our sessions are going to have effective access points for all.
These resources offer a general overview of theory, lots of ‘aha’ moments that explain what you’re seeing in your sessions, and plenty of tips and strategies for tweaking your lessons.
- A Fine Young Man Michael Gurian
- Bam! Boys Advocacy and Mentoring Peter Mortola, Howard Hiton, Stephen Grant
- Brave New Girls: Creative Ideas to Help Girls Be Confident, Healthy, and Happy Jeanette Gadeberg
- Girls Will Be Girls: Raising Confident and Courageous Daughters Joann Deak
- Guarding the Fire Bob Bartlett
- King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette
- Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys Michael Thompson
- School Girls Peggy Orenstein
- Strategies for Teaching Boys and Girls, Elementary Level Michael Gurian, Kathy Stevens, and Kelley King
- Strategies for Teaching Boys and Girls, Secondary Level Michael Gurian, Kathy Stevens, and Kelley King
- Successful Single-Sex Classrooms: A Practical Guide to Teaching Boys and Girls Separately Michael Gurian, Kathy Stevens, and Peggy Daniels
- The Difference Judy Mann