Reaching Every Learner
There are a lot of books out there on learning theory and classroom management.
Here’s what I consider some of the best of the best.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ Daniel Goleman
- Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus Sherry A. Weddell
- Frames of Mind Howard Gardner
- G.U.I.D.E. Differentiated Instruction for Christian Educators Beth Ackerman
- How to Differentiate Instruction in the Mixed-Ability Classroom Carol Ann Tomlinson
- Multiple Intelligences: The Theory In Practice Howard Gardner
- Sacred Pathways: Discover Your Soul’s Path to God Gary L. Thomas
- Teaching with the Brain in Mind Eric Jensen
- The Differentiated Classroom: Responding to the Needs of All Learners Carol Ann Tomlinson
- To Know As We Are Known Parker Palmer
- Tools of Engagement: Managing Emotional States for Learner Success Eric Jensen
BONUS BOOK: The Win-Win Classroom: A Fresh and Positive Look at Classroom Management by Jane Bluestein is hands down the most useful teaching resource I’ve ever read. Bluestein is such an advocate of positivity and healthy classrooms!! She’s also an amazing presenter, should you have an opportunity to see her, or have access to her CDs. Her website, janebluestein.com, offers a ton of useful materials under the ‘Educators’ and ‘General Intererst’ tabs.